Clan CCW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for competitive Dota and Clan CCW's Homepage

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hero Combos

Go down 
+2
ZykZel
Dinmor123
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dinmor123

Dinmor123

Hero Combos Empty
PostSubject: Hero Combos   Hero Combos EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 4:41 pm

Since no one else started a thread about strategies, I will.

--

When playing 5v5 against other clans (or just each other), we'll have to know some powerful lane combos and team combos. Lane combos as in 2v2 on a lane in the first 10-20 minutes, who also can be useful later in the team fights - might also be useful for 2on2 games. Team combos are meant as a few or more heroes, who can screw up a whole team by themselves. Here's some examples, please share whatever you think about them and present some yourself:

Lane combos
- Sandking/Sven + Lina/Lesh (Most common of all dual lanes. Double stun will dominate almost any lane not against Nerub's manaburn)
- Pudge + Omniknight (Repel on Pudge and he won't lose damage of his own spells)
- Rhasta/heavy stun + Juggernaut (One of the easiest firstbloods. Might even give Jugger boots from lvl 1 to be sure)
- Viper/Warlock/other babysitter + Void/Carry hero (Get Void or any other carry feeded, and he will own the game by himself)

Team combos
- Magnus/Enigma + Sandking (Both heroes get dagger. All enemy heroes dead in 5 seconds with the right timing)
- Magnus + Riki (This combo might seem weird, but it's one of the greatest. Gather enemy heroes with a stun, throw a cloud and they can't do much slowed and silenced)
- Zeus + Furion + Spectre (The global killer. Already at lvl 6 Spectre and Furion can hunt you everywhere. If that's not enough Zeus will finish you off)
Back to top Go down
ZykZel

ZykZel

Hero Combos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Combos   Hero Combos EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 12:25 am

Another very funny combo is Pudge + Sandking Hook, eat SK ulti and dead...
Atropos (Bane Elemental) + Razor is also a very good combo, Bane uses ulti and Razor can just spam dmg, Chain Lightining and also a Brain Zap, = the target is SURELY dead....
Mirana + Juggernaut/Pudge Mirana throws her arrow in while Juggernaut is close to the target, when it hits he just uses fury, firstblood EVEN in lvl 1, trust me personal experience ^^
Mortred + Juggernaut Dagger; Fury; Blinkstrike = Dead Very Happy
One last 3v3 combo ! Tidehunter + Enigma + Sandking What more can I say then, "ULTI !!!!!!"
Back to top Go down
Dinmor123

Dinmor123

Hero Combos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Combos   Hero Combos EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 9:34 am

Kewl. However, here I'm mainly talking about combos (also) working in 5v5 matches. Some of your combos like SK+Pudge and Mort+Jugger will not have a chance until lvl 6 if the enemy has just one ranged or melee nuker. SK+Pudge ulti combo will also only take 1 hero out of the match, which only will dominate a 2on2 game. Atro+Razor is kinda overkill but sure Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Big_bad_Volf

Big_bad_Volf

Hero Combos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Combos   Hero Combos EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 9:52 am

Great job guys but don`t forget that if we play -CM mode as we ussualy do in serious games most of these heroes are banned. And your strategies are fine but we need to practise skill... non of these combos need much of skill(except pudge or potm) . So i have TASK for you all: Which is the best team vs Naix, Chen, PoTM, Earthshaker and silencer???
^^ have fun trying affraid
Back to top Go down
Dinmor123

Dinmor123

Hero Combos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Combos   Hero Combos EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 12:14 pm

Big_Bad_volf wrote:
Great job guys but don`t forget that if we play -CM mode as we ussualy do in serious games most of these heroes are banned. And your strategies are fine but we need to practise skill... non of these combos need much of skill(except pudge or potm) . So i have TASK for you all: Which is the best team vs Naix, Chen, PoTM, Earthshaker and silencer???
^^ have fun trying affraid

-CM? I thought most professional leagues were in -XL mode, but whatever - it's practically the same. However you are true, Magnus, SK and PotM are within the top banned heroes.

About the scary team:
PotM and Silencer would most likely go soloing while Chen try to support ES. Naix would be jungling. The toughest factor with this team is ofc ES+Silencers+Chens AOE disables and 2 times AEO heal (with Meka) while PotM and Naix takes atleast 1-3 our heroes out. Since Earthshakers only really enemy is Silencer, we would have to use a combo to take him out. Actually I think the Riki+Magnus combo would be terrific here (taking Magnus isn't banned).
- Magnus can also easily counter PotM/Silencer solo mid and will serve as a brilliant initiator (with Dagger) before the enemy sees anytihng, so he would be great choice.
- Riki would not only silence the entire team with Magnus, but also be the most importent carry. It could even be a good for him to buy Hand of Midas for easier farming and Chen-countering. Riki would ofc need a babysitter (until atleast lvl 6); Warlock.
- Warlock's job would not only be to feed Riki up, but also to ward the enemy's forrest for Naix/Chen. Warlocks (double) ulti would also be a great add for the Reverse Polarity. His ulti is also a brilliant way to push the enemy in early game. With Silencers, PotMs and Naix' strength in lategame this would be an important part of our teams strategy - to push before they start their domination. Therefore our remaining heroes should not only could add something to the great AOE stun, but also make a deadly dual lane by themselves. Since SK already is picked, the obvious choice would be Tidehunter and Lich.
- Lich is a good nuker. With almost infinity mana (atleast early game) he can send both Silencer and PotM back to the funtain a couple of times. Not only do Chain Frost and Frost Nova give alot extra damage in team fights, but Frost Armor can also be an important factor to win the fight. Magnus should atleast carry this buff before initiating a battle.
- Tide is what makes Lich pwn early game. Double slow has proven to very powerful, and can easily take out any lane the opponent would turn up with this match. Tidehunter would however not only be important on the dual lane. Since no team is perfect and all 5 heroes can be very difficult to catch at the same time, Tidehunter is here for the rescue. If ES manages to blink in before Magnus or Silencer plans his ulti perfect Tidehunter removes the buff with his Kraken Shell, and uses his ulti so our team can come back on track and stun+silenc+slow+kill the enemies. If everything happends as planed Tide will just serve as another AOE disabler with cleeve attack.

Phew, that was alot of writing, what do you think? Smile
Back to top Go down
ZykZel

ZykZel

Hero Combos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Combos   Hero Combos EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 2:07 pm

Just to make it as simple as it can be

*Agree*
Back to top Go down
Dinmor123

Dinmor123

Hero Combos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Combos   Hero Combos EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 2:40 pm

ZykZel wrote:
Just to make it as simple as it can be

*Agree*
Yeah, that sounds very pro lol!
Back to top Go down
Big_bad_Volf

Big_bad_Volf

Hero Combos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Combos   Hero Combos EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 4:06 pm

FINALE!!!!! Somebody who is in mood to do pro works!!! I am happy to have such member in clan cheers
We will do many good things in future believe me pirat BTW: Try without Riki he is auto banned somewhere but you have good idea GJ
Back to top Go down
Dinmor123

Dinmor123

Hero Combos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Combos   Hero Combos EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 6:04 pm

Rofl, if you say so Very Happy

Riki banned? I've never seen that before - he's so easy to counter (if not in a pwnage combo ^^). Only ever seen BB, Alchemist and the newest heroes banned.
Back to top Go down
Skullz0rs

Hero Combos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Combos   Hero Combos EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 6:17 am

TeilvtiW wrote:

-CM? I thought most professional leagues were in -XL mode, but whatever - it's practically the same.
It's -CM.
TeilvtiW wrote:

PotM and Silencer would most likely go soloing while Chen try to support ES. Naix would be jungling.

I've been playing a lot of Chen lately to practice him. I think he's a really interesting hero and I really want to learn him. However, I always take chen as a jungler. Imo he is one of the (if not the best) junglers out there. I would let Chen jungle over N'aix.

The rest of your post was a big wall of text. Next time, fix it up with paragraphs. I did, however, read it trough a bit.
All those tactics are all fine and dandy and all, but how does it all work in-game? Do not underestimate the human brain. For example, last cw we had enigma + sk. Awesome tactic I might add, but it was countered by the human brain. Their team was basically huddling up which was perfect for our matchup. Problem was that there was a Puck with common sense. Puck was standing behind their team waiting for sk to stun the team and cast ulti. At that moment Enigma runs in and attempts to cast BH. Puck throws an orb, teleports and silences sk and enigma before he is in range for blackhole.
You can argue of course that Enigma just has to be faster, but with a skilled puck, that would be hard. Especially if he has an archid.
Back to top Go down
Dinmor123

Dinmor123

Hero Combos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Combos   Hero Combos EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 7:11 am

Skullz0rs wrote:
I've been playing a lot of Chen lately to practice him. I think he's a really interesting hero and I really want to learn him. However, I always take chen as a jungler. Imo he is one of the (if not the best) junglers out there. I would let Chen jungle over N'aix.
Yeah, Chen is indeed on of the better jungler. I just don't think they would ever send Naix + ES on a dual lane - that would be pure suicide.

Skullz0rs wrote:
At that moment Enigma runs in and attempts to cast BH. Puck throws an orb, teleports and silences sk and enigma before he is in range for blackhole. You can argue of course that Enigma just has to be faster, but with a skilled puck, that would be hard. Especially if he has an archid.
I wouldn't argue that they should be faster, but rather prevent such moments from happening by buying Dagger or BKB. If the supporter has warded the place good enough they would know exactly where to blink in, and in your case make sure to get Puck with them. Ofc there would be a human brain on the other team, but if you have their counter heroes and you have a brain too, you really have the advantage. I know that a team like MYM could us with any setup, but I made ours with the idea that we both were equal.

Btw, I don't get your SK at all. Why would he stun the team and THEN make the ulti without a BKB? If he's not immune to spells he should use the ulti+shiftblink or just let the other hero (Enigma) disable them first. Sounds like he is begging the enemy to disable him.
Back to top Go down
Big_bad_Volf

Big_bad_Volf

Hero Combos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Combos   Hero Combos EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 10:40 am

Yeah good analyze... but still this is what are trainings for.... i want to see you guys do PERFECT COMBO that will make us invincible and we must be more conformable without making stupid moves or going by ourselves^^ so we must get closer to each other thats my point^^
Back to top Go down
ZykZel

ZykZel

Hero Combos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Combos   Hero Combos EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 11:21 am

BEST COMBO IN THE WHOLE WORLD !!!!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------

TEAMWORK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
Dinmor123

Dinmor123

Hero Combos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Combos   Hero Combos EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 12:07 pm

ZykZel wrote:

Oh, I know what you're looking for. It's just left to your A key Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ZykZel

ZykZel

Hero Combos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Combos   Hero Combos EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 12:11 pm

TeilvtiW wrote:
ZykZel wrote:

Oh, I know what you're looking for. It's just left to your A key Rolling Eyes

Sleep
Back to top Go down
Madkipz
Admin
Madkipz

Hero Combos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Combos   Hero Combos EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 11:06 am

Best team against Naix, Chen, PoTM, Earthshaker and silencer

Doom (devour can eat chens creeps, doom disables naix).

Krobelus. Better silence and rock hard tower killing ulti.

Nerubian assasin for chain nukes on chen / potm and manaburning earthshaker.

Pitlord massive aoe anti pusher + good at pushing himself. Pit of malice + krobelus ulti = <3.

Naga siren. Because i said so.
Back to top Go down
https://clanccw.forumotion.com
Big_bad_Volf

Big_bad_Volf

Hero Combos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Combos   Hero Combos EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 2:54 pm

Madkipz wrote:
Best team against Naix, Chen, PoTM, Earthshaker and silencer

Doom (devour can eat chens creeps, doom disables naix).

Krobelus. Better silence and rock hard tower killing ulti.

Nerubian assasin for chain nukes on chen / potm and manaburning earthshaker.

Pitlord massive aoe anti pusher + good at pushing himself. Pit of malice + krobelus ulti = <3.

Naga siren. Because i said so.

GJ MAdkipz: You said something that has sence so we are gonna try these teams on 5vs5 !!!! ok guyswS???

lol!
Back to top Go down
ZykZel

ZykZel

Hero Combos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Combos   Hero Combos EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 3:02 pm

Big time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Big_bad_Volf

Big_bad_Volf

Hero Combos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Combos   Hero Combos EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 3:06 pm

Big time???what does that mean???
Back to top Go down
ZykZel

ZykZel

Hero Combos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Combos   Hero Combos EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 3:07 pm

Stor tid" in danish xD
Back to top Go down
Big_bad_Volf

Big_bad_Volf

Hero Combos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Combos   Hero Combos EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 3:14 pm

ZykZel wrote:
Stor tid" in danish xD

rly funny mr.ni
Back to top Go down
King.Titus

King.Titus

Hero Combos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Combos   Hero Combos EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 5:39 am

reading throught this text, first:

respect^^ very nice combinations and counters Wink

however, it's at least 50% planning... we should really try this out! maybe we would discover even other counters ingame...
maybe something which isn't obvious first, but makes sense after thinking about it twice xD
what else to say?

=> GOGO NEXT TRAIN! =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hero Combos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Combos   Hero Combos Empty

Back to top Go down

Hero Combos
Page 1 of 1